Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tulip Festival

We went to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival yesterday with my mom and had a great time. Here she is posing for a picture. I'm not quite sure what she is pointing at....maybe that is where I get it?

Here are the boys in the wooden shoes!


These were about the only tulups blooming at the 40 acre farm. We were about a week too early to see all the tulip fields in bloom. I would love to go back and see them all in bloom, but I dont know if Lance and the boys would enjoy that much!


There was a cute playhouse with tables and cooking things inside for the kids to play on.




Lance has his foot in front of mine to hide that I had on two different shoes. I had on one rain boot and one slip on tennis shoe (The only thing that will fit over my ancle brace, and I had my crutches hidden behind my back)

This is the "Cow Train" that takes kids around the tulip field. Mom and I rode along to keep the kids in line, but we quickly realized that it was a huge mistake! This was the most painful bumpiest ride I have ever been on! The kid driving the train was going way too fast and there was no suspension on these barrel cows. The little girl behind mom was screeming her head off the whole time and the boys were hanging on for dear life. After we got off, Boaz said "I'm going to name my cow bumpy"

No comments: